Curriculum Subject Experts
Closing date of applications
1 March 2024
25 March 2024
Head of Section
Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Fixed / Renewable
5 or more years experience
Curriculum Expert Job Description
This is a pivotal role within the Ministry of Education, tasked with driving excellence in educational content and ensuring our nation's curricula reflect global best practices, contemporary research, and evolving societal needs.
Curriculum Subject Expert
This is a pivotal role within the Ministry of Education, tasked with driving excellence in educational content and ensuring our nation's curricula reflect global best practices, contemporary research, and evolving societal needs. The candidate will demonstrate expertise in their subject content, combined with an outstanding understanding of pedagogical principles, curriculum design, and educational trends.
Strategic Curriculum Development:
- Translate deep understanding of subject matter into a clear framework, defined learning continuum in a KG-12 settng and an actionable set of learning outcomes.
- Work within a team of subject curriculum experts, instructional designers, and researchers for monitoring and evaluation of curriculum implementation.
- Facilitate the development, evaluation, and revision of the national curriculum for the designated subject.
- Collaborate with the sector directors to define the vision and strategic direction for the curriculum subject.
- Oversee the horizontal mapping, integration and alignment of the designated subject content to other subjects, frameworks and global competencies.
- Engage with current strategic projects or initiatves pertinent to the curriculum.
Standards and Quality Assurance:
- Ensure the national curriculum's alignment with international best practices, benchmarks and latest evidence based research.
- Establish rigorous quality assurance protocols and benchmarks for curriculum content, structure, and delivery in coordination with the Emirates School Establishment.
- Oversee the development and mapping of learning outcomes for the curriculum subject.
- Act as a liaison between the Ministry and various educational stakeholders including Education and Human Resources Council, Federal Authority for Early-childhood Education, Emirates School Establishment and other educational boards for the curriculum subject.
- Engage with international educational bodies, institutions, and experts to ensure the curriculum remains nationally, regionally and globally relevant.
Inquiry Driven Innovation:
- Promote and facilitate a culture of inquiry driven innovation within the team, encouraging new ideas, tools, and methodologies.
- Champion and facilitate evidence-based practices related to curriculum development and advancements, teaching methodologies, and learning outcomes.
Professional Learning and Development:
- Coordinate professional learning and development aimed at equipping ESE educators with the knowledge and tools required to effectively deliver the curriculum subject.
- Be at the forefront of professional learning and development opportunities, ensuring continuous learning and growth within the curriculum development team.
Communication and Advocacy:
- Represent the Ministry at national and international forums, conferences, and workshops.
- Advocate for the importance of high-quality curriculum development on appropriate platorms, including media engagements, policy discussions and professional networks and fora.
Engagement with Educational Suppliers and Publishers:
- Have an informed understanding of all content and platorms which exist for the designated subject.
- Promote strategic partnerships with leading educational suppliers and publishers to work with the MOE and integrate quality materials into our curriculum.
- Maintain a keen understanding of emerging trends and developments in the educational publishing realm, ensuring the MOE remains at the forefront of utilising the best resources available.
- Advanced degree (Masters, EdD or PhD) in the relevant subject area or in Education.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in curriculum development
- Comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter and its global perspective.
- Experience of working in large-scale curriculum projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Have worked with schools and has in-field experience.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Deep commitment to educational excellence and equity.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with a solution-oriented mindset.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethical standards.
- Familiarity with the latest e-learning platorms, tools, or so]ware for the subject as the education sector continues to integrate technology – especially Learning Management Systems and Learning Outcome bank software.
- Multilingual Abilities: Fluency in multiple languages – especially Arabic to offer additional perspectives and facilitate better communication in diverse settngs.
- Internatonal Experience: Having worked or studied in different countries can provide a broader perspective on educational systems and curricula worldwide. Experience working in the Gulf region with a deep understanding of its cultural nuances are highly desirable. Candidates should demonstrate cultural appropriacy, sensitivity, and an ability to navigate the diverse social and professional landscapes.
- Familiarity with A.I: Interest in how A.I will affect and potentially disrupt the designated subject
- Cross-disciplinary Background: Knowledge or experience in fields related to but outside of the specific subject area can provide a more holistic approach to curriculum development.
- Adaptability: Experience in rapidly changing and dynamic environments or during educational reforms can indicate an ability to handle transitions or upheavals in the educational landscape.
- Published Work: Articles, research papers, or books related to education, curriculum design, or the specific subject area can indicate a deeper engagement with the field.
Work location is Dubai but candidates should have an international drivers licence so can travel within UAE.
If you are interested in applying for the position at the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education , please click on the vacancy and complete the online application form before uploading your CV and letter of application/ supporting statement.
The application form can be completed in sections and will automatically save each time. Please note, you do not have to complete the section on employment and professional development if this information is included in your CV.
All references will be requested at the time of application, unless otherwise specified. If you do not want us to contact your references in the early stage of your application please ensure that you specify this on the application form. We regret we are unable to accept applications via email at this time.
If you have any questions regarding the post or the process please contact Jason Cox, Senior Recruitment Consultant, who is handling the vacancy on behalf of : email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application, thank you.